Late-Night Snacks: Why + What You Should Offer
On wedding days, a few things almost always hold true. Emotions are running high, someone will cry, and guests come prepared to party.
Even with the most delicious meal, after a night full of dancing (and in most cases, drinking), your guests are going to get hungry again toward the end of the night. Some couples opt to host an after-party with treats, but a great way to keep everyone satisfied at the reception is with a late-night snack!
Some popular options might include:
- S’mores Bar: A popular addition to many weddings, a s’mores bar works great no matter what your venue! Reception outside? Get the full effect roasting marshmallows over the campfire. Indoors? Bring in the Sterno flames. Plus, you can easily spruce up your s’mores by mixing up the type of chocolate used (Kit-Kats and Reese’s make great alternatives), or including add-ons like fruit, caramel sauce, sprinkles, and so much more.
- Donut Wall: Because there's no such thing as too much dessert! While we’re seeing more variance in desserts these days, most people will still opt for a traditional wedding cake. A late-night donut wall is a great way to add a little spunk for those with a sweet tooth. It’s also a great way to offer some variety through differing flavors.
- SKY Favorite | Crepes: “Typically, we see more savory than sweet late-night snacks, but our guests love our crepes! They’ll still sit well in your stomach after a long day of celebration!” – SKY event planners
- Popcorn: You really can’t go wrong with popcorn. It’s salty, gluten free (for those with dietary restrictions), won’t put you over budget, and comes in nearly endless flavors. Mix it up with caramel corn or kettle corn, or spice it up by giving your guests the option to add candy or nuts into their customized bag!
- Chicken Parm Sliders: The classic grilled-cheese/tomato soup combo guaranteed to bring out the kid in everyone. Plus, they’re bit-sized! Easy to eat, minimizing the mess at the end of the night.
- SKY Favorite | Make-Your-Own Poutine Bar: “This is definitely one of our best sellers, and we love it too. Who doesn’t want fries covered with all the best toppings?!” – SKY event planners
No matter which direction you decide to go, SKY encourages a passed late-night snack as opposed to a serve-yourself station. This is the best way to keep foods from going unnoticed!